Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 8: Quit procrastinating.

I'm mad at myself. 

Wanna know what I did today?  Slept in (which was awesome) and then sat around dreading the idea of doing homework.  And then found some other pointless thing to do instead of homework, and then did homework.  Lots and lots and lots of homework.  Oh, and got annoyed with my kids for interrupting me while doing homework.  Why did I have so much homework?  Because I did it all last minute. 

I could have done homework Wednesday.  Or Thursday.  Friday or Saturday or Sunday, even.  Nope.  Waited until today.  When it was due.  Missed out on all kinds of fun with my kids and definitely didn't get my hour of playtime in with them all because I chose to procrastinate.

I am off every Wednesday.  It's the perfect day to get homework done.  Grayson is in school, Grandma can come over and watch Tenley for a few hours, and I can go find a place to sit and do homework.  If I would just take that time to do it, I wouldn't have to worry about it for the rest of the week!  I could enjoy my kids and get all kinds of stuff done around the house and maybe even take a nap without feeling guilty about it if I would just do my stinkin' homework on a day when I have nothing else going on.

I read a saying once (in this blog ) that you should just go ahead and eat that frog!  Wait, what?  Okay, here: "If the first thing you do when you wake up each morning is eat a live frog, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day."  Makes sense, right?  No?

Well, first, you have to figure out what your "frog" is.  Homework?  Working out?  Cleaning the house?  All of the above?  Well, if you're like me you spend an innumerous amount of time worrying about those things and dreading those things and building them up in your head, and then you end up wasting the whole day and getting nothing accomplished.  So, if you do them first...go ahead and eat that frog...then those things are out of the way and you can enjoy the rest of your day!

Amazing.

You will now find me doing my homework on Wednesdays. 

So, what's your frog?  Catch it.  And eat it!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment